Cho thuê xe du lịch
Are you looking for information about a trip to Cu Chi Tunnels?
Visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels offers a unique blend of historical, cultural, educational, and experiential value, making it a worthwhile destination for those interested in understanding the Vietnam War and its impact. And if you are planning to visit Vietnam’s legendary tunnel systems.
Here are 7 tips you should know before you go
7 INSIDER TIPS TO MAXIMIZE YOUR CU CHI TUNNELS ADVENTURE
The Cu Chi Tunnels are situated in Cu Chi District, Ho Chi Minh City, approximately 65 kilometers from the city center. Surprisingly, the Cu Chi Tunnels consist of two distinct sightseeing areas:
1. Ben Dinh Tunnels: This area attracts many international tourists. Located 50 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City, it offers a well-developed visitor infrastructure and provides a comprehensive tour experience.
2. Ben Duoc Tunnels: In contrast, the Ben Duoc Tunnels are less frequented and offer a more secluded experience. Situated 65 kilometers from Ho Chi Minh City, this area provides ample space for visitors to explore and gain a deeper understanding of the tunnels’ historical significance.
2. VISTING TIME
Visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels can be a half-day experience in the morning or afternoon. Typically, the entire trip takes around 4.5 hours, including travel time, visiting the tunnels, and returning to the city center. The car journey usually takes 1.5 hours each way.
Alternatively, you can opt for a full-day experience if you have more time and interest. In addition to exploring the tunnels, you can engage in other activities that connect with the visit. For example, you can participate in cooking classes to experience Vietnamese culinary culture or use the remaining half of the day to visit the scenic Mekong Delta
3. TICKETS AND EXPERIENCE
The current ticket price for the Cu Chi Tunnels is approximately 6 USD for adults. This ticket provides a comprehensive experience lasting nearly 2 hours. During your visit, you can watch informative documentary films about the tunnels, take a walk in the forest surroundings, learn about tunnel formation and construction, explore shelters, underground water well, health bunkers, meeting rooms…etc.. and gain insights into people’s lives during the war years. Additionally, you’ll have the unique experience of venturing into the underground tunnels themselves. The ticket price covers all these engaging activities, allowing you to immerse yourself in the historical and cultural significance of the Cu Chi Tunnels.
Contrary to a common misconception, visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels involves more than just navigating narrow underground passages. More than 85% of the visit entails moving through the forested areas for exploration and learning. The decision to enter the tunnels is optional, and you have the right to decline if you feel uncomfortable in confined spaces.
Moreover, multiple stages within the tunnel experience cater to different preferences and physical abilities. You can engage in activities with minimal movement or opt for a crawl underground.
It’s important to note that visitors typically explore the tunnels on the first and second levels, which are situated approximately 3 to 6 meters above ground level. Due to safety concerns, it is not recommended to venture into the existing 12-meter-deep level.
By clarifying these aspects, visitors can better understand the varied experiences available at the Cu Chi Tunnels, emphasizing the forest area exploration and the option to engage with the tunnels according to their comfort level and preferences.
5. MALARIA OR INSECT DANGER
Vietnam, located in Southeast Asia, has often been associated with mosquitoes and malaria. However, after experiencing a journey in our country, you will be pleasantly surprised and change your perception. The Cu Chi tunnels, popular attractions, are also safe from these concerns. While you may encounter some mosquitoes during your tour, our dedicated guides will provide you with mosquito repellent to address this issue. Rest assured; the mosquito population is not as abundant as in the jungles of the Amazon.
Another common question from visitors is whether there are any unexpected dangerous insects in the tunnels. At the well-known Cu Chi tunnels, which receive thousands of visitors daily, a team of “guerrillas” is always present to inspect and address any insects that may disrupt your visit. Moreover, local guerrillas will accompany your group as you navigate the tunnels, ensuring your safety, lighting the way, and assisting if you choose not to complete the entire tunnel length.
Prepare yourself for an exciting and captivating trip that will leave you lasting memories.
When visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels, it’s recommended to bring the following items:
1. Comfortable Clothing: Wear lightweight and breathable clothing suitable for the tropical climate. Opt for loose-fitting clothes to stay cool and comfortable during your visit.
2. Closed-toe Shoes: Choose comfortable and sturdy footwear, such as sneakers or walking shoes, as you’ll be walking on uneven terrain and possibly climbing stairs or entering tunnels.
3. Insect Repellent: Although the mosquito population is not excessive, it’s still advisable to bring mosquito repellent to protect yourself from bothersome mosquitoes.
4. Sun Protection: Vietnam can be sunny, so remember to bring and apply sunscreen, wear a hat, and carry sunglasses to shield yourself from the sun’s rays. From May to July, you may get some rain during the day.
5. Drinking Water: Staying hydrated is essential, especially in warm weather. Carry a water bottle and ensure it is filled before starting your tour.
6. Cash: Bring some Vietnamese Dong (VND) for purchases, such as food, drinks, or souvenirs. While some places may accept credit cards, having cash on hand is always good, especially in more remote areas.
7. Camera or Smartphone: Capture memorable moments and the fascinating sites of the Cu Chi Tunnels. Make sure your camera or smartphone is fully charged or bring extra batteries.
8. Personal Medications: Bring the necessary supplies and medications if you have any specific medications or medical conditions.
7. BEYOND CU CHI
Consider this suggestion if you have limited time and want to make the most of your trip. Begin with a half-day visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels, allowing you to explore this historical site efficiently. Afterward, you can combine it with other great destinations for the day. Here are detailed suggestions for your consideration.
Option 1: Cu Chi Tunnels and Mekong Delta
You can start by visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels in the morning and exploring the underground network used during the Vietnam War. Afterward, you can travel to the Mekong Delta, known for its lush landscapes and riverine culture. Take a boat tour along the Mekong River, visit local villages, and experience the vibrant markets. This combination allows you to explore both historical and natural aspects of Vietnam.
Option 2: Cu Chi Tunnels and Tay Ninh
Begin your day with a visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels in the morning. Once you finish exploring, head to Tay Ninh, a northwest Ho Chi Minh City province. Tay Ninh is home to the Cao Dai Temple, the holy site of the Cao Dai religion. Witness the unique rituals and vibrant ceremonies performed at the temple and learn about this fascinating spiritual movement.
Option 3: Cu Chi Tunnels and Half-Day City Tour
Start your day by visiting the Cu Chi Tunnels in the morning to explore the area’s historical significance. Afterward, return to Ho Chi Minh City for a half-day city tour. You can visit popular attractions such as the Reunification Palace, Notre Dame Cathedral Basilica, Central Post Office, and the bustling Ben Thanh Market. This option lets you combine a historical site with a glimpse of the city’s cultural and architectural landmarks.
Option 4: Cu Chi Tunnels and Cooking Class
Start your day by immersing yourself in the historical significance of the Cu Chi Tunnels. Explore the intricate underground network and learn about the ingenious tactics used by Vietnamese soldiers during the Vietnam War. Gain insights into the harsh conditions they faced and the resilience they demonstrated.
After your Cu Chi Tunnels adventure:
- Begin a culinary journey with a Vietnamese cooking class.
- Engage with experienced local chefs who will guide you through creating traditional Vietnamese dishes.
- Learn about the aromatic herbs, spices, and cooking techniques that define the exquisite flavors of Vietnamese cuisine.
- Roll up your sleeves and prepare delicious dishes like papaya salad, spring rolls, or banh xeo.
- Indulge in the fruits of your labor as you savor the flavors of your creations.
This combination of historical exploration and culinary immersion provides a well-rounded experience. You’ll gain a deeper understanding of Vietnam’s past while also discovering the secrets of its renowned cuisine. This option lets you make the most of your day, creating lasting memories through cultural exploration and gastronomic delight.
These options provide a variety of experiences, allowing you to tailor your tour based on your interests. Consider transportation logistics and allocate sufficient time for each activity to ensure a smooth and enjoyable trip.
Highlight of Experience
Visitors can crawl through sections of the tunnels, witnessing the cramped conditions and gaining insight into the daily lives of the soldiers who used them. The site also features displays of traps, weapons, and artifacts, providing a comprehensive understanding of the war’s impact on the region. It’s an immersive and educational experience that offers a glimpse into Vietnam’s tumultuous past.
Visitors can visit a firing range at the Cu Chi Tunnels and try shooting various wartime firearms. Under the guidance of trained instructors, you can experience the thrill of firing weapons like AK-47s and M16 rifles. This activity offers an interactive and immersive experience, allowing you to get a sense of the weapons used during the Vietnam War and the challenges faced by soldiers in combat. It’s an optional activity that adds dimension to your visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels.
Stroll in the jungle
Driving amidst the lush and verdant rubber plantations that encircle the Cu Chi Tunnels offers a captivating and picturesque journey. Immerse yourself in the breathtaking scenery as you navigate through expansive rows of towering rubber trees, characterized by their distinctively tall trunks and wide, vibrant leaves. Expert guides accompanying you on this adventure can further enrich your experience by providing fascinating insights into the region’s rich rubber production history, showcasing the economic significance of this industry, and highlighting the vital role that rubber played as a strategic resource during times of conflict. Prepare for a truly immersive and informative expedition.
Venturing into the elaborate tunnel system and descending through trap doors can evoke a sense of claustrophobia and uncertainty, providing a truly distinctive experience. It serves as a testament to the resourcefulness displayed by Vietnamese soldiers who skillfully employed the tunnels for hiding, communication, and logistical purposes. Visitors are captivated by the cleverly disguised trap door mechanisms and their strategic placement, allowing them to appreciate the tunnels’ ingenuity in outmaneuvering their enemies. This immersive encounter reveals insights into the historical context and tactical strategies of the Viet Nam War and encourages contemplation and reflection.
Explore the tunnels
Embark on a captivating exploration of the Cu Chi tunnels, allowing visitors to traverse a portion of the elaborate tunnel system. The tunnel system has a length of over 200 km. Visitors have a chance to crawl through narrow passages, uncover hidden chambers, and witness the intricate details of tunnel life. Gain valuable insights into the soldiers’ daily existence, from the challenging living conditions they endured to the cunning strategies and survival techniques employed. This immersive experience offers visitors a glimpse into the resilience and ingenuity of the soldiers who relied on these tunnels, deepening their understanding of their remarkable determination and resourcefulness.
Within the Cu Chi Tunnels, an added attraction awaits in the form of a shooting range, where visitors can take part in firing a range of firearms. As you hold the firearm in your hands and fire each round, you can feel a surge of adrenaline and a connection to the history of the Vietnam War.
This unique opportunity allows visitors to engage firsthand with weapons utilized during the Vietnam War. However, participation in the shooting range necessitates strict adherence to safety guidelines and attentive listening to the instructions imparted by the range staff. To ensure safety, the provision of ear protection and eye goggles is typically available for visitors.
Beyond the Cu Chi Tunnels
Top Brands Asia Pacific
Top Brands Asia Pacific
Top Brands Asia Pacific
Top Brands Asia Pacific
Why choose Saco Travel ?
Immerse yourself in history with a hassle-free visit to the Cu Chi Tunnels!
We pride ourselves on delivering a unique and exceptional experience that sets us apart. Let us exceed your expectations and create cherished memories.
Escape the crowds and discover the hidden gem of Ben Duoc, a lesser-known but remarkable destination. You’ll find an untouched treasure and take your time to explore the tunnels’ historical significance.
We prioritize your convenience and satisfaction throughout your journey.
Experience the pinnacle of comfort and luxury on your journey to the remarkable Cu Chi Tunnels with our exclusive spacious limousine van. We go above and beyond to ensure your entire tour is informative, engaging, indulgent, and enjoyable.
Step aboard our meticulously maintained limousine van, specially designed to cater to small groups like yours. The spacious interior provides ample room to relax and unwind throughout the journey, making it a truly comfortable and luxurious ride. Stretch out, recline your seat, and savor the scenic drive with utmost tranquility.
Professional tour guide
Our knowledgeable tour guides possess a deep understanding of the historical significance of the Ben Duoc Tunnels. They are highly trained and licensed professionals. Their passion for history and commitment to excellence enhance your visit.
Our guides are skilled communicators. They present information in an engaging and relatable manner, catering to both history enthusiasts and newcomers to the subject. Whether you have questions or seek a more immersive experience, they are dedicated to tailoring the tour to suit your needs.
Good Care and Service
Stay refreshed and energized as we provide you with an ample supply of bottled water throughout the journey. Our commitment to your well-being ensures that you can focus on enjoying the experience without worrying about staying hydrated.
We understand that venturing into the great outdoors may come with its fair share of pesky insects. Rest assured, we’ve got you covered. Our van is stocked with high-quality insect repellents so you can explore the tunnels without any interruptions. Your comfort and enjoyment are our top priorities.
Guest Journey Gallery
Customize Your Journey
Cu Chi Tunnels & Cooking Class
Jason J | The U.S. | 1 contribution
The Cu Chi Tunnels were an incredible experience – it was amazing to see how the Viet Cong lived and fought during the war. The visit to the rice fields and animal areas was also interesting – it gave us a glimpse into rural life in Vietnam. The cooking class was a lot of fun – we learned to make some delicious Vietnamese dishes and got to enjoy them afterwards. Finally, the view from Ben Dinh Tunnels was breathtaking – it was the perfect way to end the tour.
Danille F | Australia | 3 contributions
I loved every minute of this tour! The Cu Chi Tunnels were fascinating – I learned so much about the Vietnam War and the resourcefulness of the Viet Cong. The visit to the rice fields and animal areas was a nice change of pace – it was peaceful and serene, and we got to interact with some of the farm animals. The cooking class was a blast – the instructor was knowledgeable and patient, and the food we made was delicious. And the view from Ben Dinh Tunnels was simply stunning – I would definitely recommend this tour to anyone visiting Vietnam.
Helen O | China | 2 contributions
I had an amazing time on this tour! The Cu Chi Tunnels were fascinating – it was incredible to see how the Viet Cong were able to survive in such harsh conditions. The visit to the rice fields and animal areas was a nice change of pace – it was peaceful and relaxing. The cooking class was a highlight of the tour – we learned to make some delicious Vietnamese dishes and got to enjoy them afterward. And the view from Ben Dinh Tunnels was simply stunning – I would highly recommend this tour to anyone visiting Ho Chi Minh City.
Ollin P | Turkey | 1 contribution
The Cu Chi Tunnels and Cooking Class tour was an incredible experience. The Cu Chi Tunnels were a fascinating look into the history of the Vietnam War, and the cooking class was a great way to learn about Vietnamese cuisine. The instructors were knowledgeable and helpful, and the food we cooked was delicious.
Cu Chi Ben Duoc Tunnels | Less Touristy Site
Phillip L | Saudi Arabia | 2 contributions
I highly recommend visiting the Ben Duoc Tunnels as they offer a less touristy experience compared to the Cu Chi Tunnels. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and gave a great insight into the history of the tunnels and the Viet Cong’s guerrilla tactics during the war. Firing the weapons was a surreal experience and added to the overall authenticity of the tour. The local restaurant we had lunch at was delicious and provided a great opportunity to try some traditional Vietnamese cuisine.
Alisa H | Korea | 1 contribution
The Ben Duoc Tunnels were a highlight of my trip to Vietnam. It was amazing to see the intricate network of tunnels and learn about how the Viet Cong used them to their advantage during the war. The firing range was a lot of fun and definitely worth trying out. Lunch at the local restaurant was one of the best meals I had in Vietnam, with fresh and flavorful dishes.
Taylor W | England | 2 contributions
If you’re interested in learning more about the Vietnam War, a visit to the Ben Duoc Tunnels is a must. The guide was excellent and provided a wealth of information about the tunnels and the war. The firing range was a unique experience and allowed me to try out some of the weapons used during the war. The lunch at the local restaurant was a nice touch and the food was fantastic.
Kimmese B | Thailand | 3 contributions
The Ben Duoc Tunnels was a fascinating experience that gave me a deeper understanding of the Vietnam War. The tour guide was very informative and provided great insight into the tactics used by the Viet Cong. Firing the weapons was definitely a highlight and made the experience even more memorable. Lunch at the local restaurant was a great way to end the tour, with some delicious and authentic Vietnamese dishes.
Luxury Group (Cu Chi & Mekong)
Private Cu Chi Tour By Limousine
Luxury Cu Chi Group By Limousine
73 USD/ Pax
Standard Cu Chi Group By Bus
Why travel by limousine?
Experience the epitome of luxury and comfort by choosing our exquisite limousine for your transportation needs. Our meticulously maintained fleet of limousines offers a seamless blend of style and sophistication, ensuring a memorable journey from start to finish. Enjoy the spacious and opulent interior, along with personalized service that caters to your every need. With our limousines, you can indulge in a refined and exclusive travel experience, making every moment of your journey truly exceptional. Elevate your transportation to a whole new level of elegance by selecting our prestigious limousine service.
What are differences between Limousines and buses
- Seating Capacity: Limousines typically have a smaller seating capacity, usually accommodating around seven passengers. This makes them ideal for small groups or individual travelers who prefer a more intimate and exclusive experience. The limited seating allows easier pick-up and drop-off around the city, offering convenience and flexibility.
- Personalized Attention: With a smaller group size, limousines allow guests to interact more closely with the tour guide. This personalized attention allows for a more engaging and interactive experience. Guests can ask questions, seek recommendations, and receive detailed information from the knowledgeable guide.
- Care and Comfort: Limousines often prioritize the comfort and well-being of their passengers. The vehicles are designed to provide a luxurious and relaxing environment, with amenities such as plush seating, climate control, and entertainment systems. The attentive service and attention to detail ensure that guests feel well taken care of throughout their journey.
- Reduced Waiting Time: Traveling in a limousine with a small group ensures that guests experience shorter wait times during their journey. The smaller group size allows quick and efficient transfers, whether it’s pick-up from the airport, hotel, or other locations. You can enjoy the convenience of being promptly picked up and whisked away to the destination without delays or extended waiting periods.
Can you pick me up at the hotel?
We are delighted to offer you a complimentary pick-up and drop-off service in the center as part of our commitment to ensuring a seamless and hassle-free experience for our valued guests.
How can I pay for the tour?
We offer flexible payment options to make it convenient for our valued guests to settle their tour expenses. You can choose from the following payment methods:
- Online Payment: Enjoy the ease and convenience of paying for your tour online. We provide a secure online payment platform where you can pay using your preferred credit or debit card. Follow the instructions on our website or through the payment link provided, and your payment will be processed seamlessly.
- Cash Payment: We gladly accept this payment method if you prefer to pay in cash. You can settle your tour payment in local currency at our designated office or upon arrival for your tour. Our friendly staff will be available to assist you and provide any necessary information regarding cash payment procedures.
- Online Payment Link: For added convenience, we can also email you a personalized payment link. This payment link will allow you to secure online payments using your credit or debit card.
- Money Transfer: If you prefer to make a money transfer, we also accept this payment method. You can initiate a transfer from your bank account to our designated account. However, please remember that the transfer process may take a few days to be processed and for the funds to reach our account. We recommend initiating the transfer well in advance to ensure timely payment before your tour date.
What is the departure time?
The tour will be started at 7:30am or 8:00
What time should I return to Ho Chi Minh City?
You will be transferred back to your hotel at 02:00 pm to 03:00 pm
How can I book a tour?
You can reserve a booking through:
- On our website: You click on the buttons in the right corner and leave your information.
- Contact hotline: 1900 6027 – 091 3572727
- Online social platforms: (Whatsapp/ Viber/ Telegram/ Wechat/ etc)+84(0)91 3572727
- Main office: 133 De Tham, Co Giang ward, district 1 (open daily: 08.00 am to 05:00 pm)
Will we travel with a good guide?
Absolutely! We have a great team of professional and knowledgeable tour guides who own International tour guide license
PRODUCT SATISFACTION RATE